Below is a searchable glossary of grant programs from the federal goverment funding programs and foundations that provide funding for distance learning. Please check the Federal Register for the official notice of the availabiltity of funds for these programs since many continue year to year. Although the deadline may have passed, these dates could help you plan for next year.
Funding Web Sites
- COS Funding Opportunities - a database of announcements for grants, fellowships, awards and more from around the world, comprising more than 24,000 records worth over $33 billion. Sponsors include private foundations, public agencies, national and local governments, corporations and more. Funding is available for work in the disciplines of physical sciences, social sciences, life sciences, health and medicine, arts and humanities.
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) - a professional association serving educational institutions and the advancement professionals who work on their behalf in alumni relations, communications, development, marketing and allied areas.
- Council for Resource Development (CRD) - An affiliate of the American Association of Community Colleges, CRD serves over 1,600 members at more than 700 institutions, CRD connects, educates, supports, strengthens, and celebrates community college development professionals.
- Department of Education Grants - grants and contracts information
- eSchoolNews - a source for K-12 and higher education grants
- Federal Register - from the Government Printing Office
- Forecast of Funding Opportunities Under the Department of Education Discretionary Grant Programs - lists virtually all programs and competitions under which the Department of Education has invited or expects to invite applications for new awards and provides actual or estimated deadline dates for the transmittal of applications under these programs.
- The Foundation Center Online - an independent nonprofit information clearinghouse that collects information on foundations, corporate giving, and related subjects
- Fundsnet Online Services - links to online financial resources
- Grants.gov - allows organizations to electronically find and apply for competitive grant opportunities from all federal grant-making agencies
- SRA International Grants Web - compiled by the nonprofit Society of Research Administrators International. Includes private and government funding and resources.