We invite you to add your name to the ITC 2018 ballot to serve as a regional representative on the ITC board of directors! We are looking for individuals at ITC institutional member organizations located in the west, southeast, northeast, and international regions to serve a two-year term as a regional representative on the ITC board of directors.
ITC regional representatives must attend three, face-to-face, two-day board meetings each year (July, November, and February) as well as the eLearning Conference and monthly board conference calls.
To be included on the ITC ballot, you must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org a three-paragraph description of why you feel qualified to represent your region on the ITC board of directors. We will include this statement in the ballot that we send to the ITC members in your region. Additionally please include a letter of support from your college president or immediate supervisor. This letter should show that you will receive financial support from your college to attend three face-to-face meetings annually.
ITC will conduct an e-mail ballot the end of April 2018. The new representatives will begin their term at the ITC summer board retreat in early August 2018.
TERM JULY 1, 2018-JUNE 30, 2020
Western Regional Representative - Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
Southeast Regional Representative - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
Northeast Regional Representative - Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
International Representative – Outside of United States
Please convey your interest in being included on the ITC 2018 ballot before Thursday, April 12, 2018. Thank you for your interest in helping ITC in its mission to provide leadership, information, and resources to expand and enhance distance learning through the effective use of technology.
Regional representatives are elected by the appropriate ITC regional membership. Regional representatives serve for a two-year term with three representatives elected every April. In cooperation with other ITC Board members, the regional representative organizes and administers all regional ITC business and activities.
Duties of ITC Regional Representatives
The duties of the ITC regional representative include:
• Serve as an active member of the ITC Board by participating in regular meetings and conference calls, serve ITC-related commissions and committees as needed, and take a general leadership role in the planning and implementation of ITC national activities.
• Contact new members in your region to introduce their organization to ITC activities and services and identify areas of special interest.
• Communicate at least once per quarter with members to publish a regional update on the ITC Web site and to solicit articles or information for the ITC News.
• Solicit award nominations for a minimum of three categories for the annual ITC Awards for Excellence in eLearning.
• Submit a quarterly report to the ITC Board summarizing regional activities and accomplishments.
• Plan and/or implement regional membership drives.