Valencia College is now hiring an Instructional Designer/Developer to join the Organizational and Human Resources (ODHR) as an Employee Development teammember.
This role is highly collaborative and is a key contributor to the successful execution of the College Learning and Development goals.
You will assist in the design, development and implementation of web-based and face to face courses and course tools as well as development and implementation of user’s training programs. You will research advances in web-based course development technologies and make recommendation on products in instructional technology planning processes.
You will have the opportunity to work on the production of course ware and troubleshooting problems and create and disseminate communications.
As an Instructional Designer/ Developer, you will work collaboratively with multiple departments throughout the college to design, develop, test and support online training, resources and administrative applications. You will develop and maintain strong synergistic relationships with Valencia members, including those internal to the Organizational Development and Human Resources team (ODHR).
You will have the opportunity to facilitate engaging training and development programs incorporating adult learning principles.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Experience in instructional design, educational technology, distance learning, information science or related field [required]
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, multimedia applications and authoring tools for instructional purposes
- Working knowledge of different authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and/or domiKnow
- Working knowledge of learning management systems, such as Blackboard, Canvas, Desire to Learn, Cornerstone
- Training, staff development and/or teaching experience
- Demonstrated written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with strong intellectual and analytical skills.
- Strength in self-driven performance and initiatives
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Orlando, FL 32835
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Employee Development
Salary: $47,722 to $55,477 per year
Closing Date: Wednesday June 5, 2019 at 7:00 PM EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application at https://bit.ly/2W9h7ET along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.